last updated on 10/14/12
My experience is based in knowing that the assistant editor’s job is to be the facilitator for the editor and the producers. My duties are based on social skills, understanding of visual storytelling grammar, and my technical capacity in organizing and anticipating the script elements needed by the editor using the script as a guide when available. In its absence, the dailies footage becomes the assistant editor’s best guide to prepare the project window for the editor. My experience and studies include setting up the cutting room for the editor, setting up the equipment, calibrating the video and audio monitors and working with and SD and HD workflows, such as, Panasonic P2, Sony XDCAM EX, Canon DSLR and RED camera formats, in addition, setting up the specs and format sheet for master and split clean output for network broadcast delivery requirements.
Credits and Employment History
- Video Press Kit: High School of World Cultures, Panasonic Grant, May, 2011.
- Therapeed Workshop for Teachers: Julia Harper, MS, OTR/L (16 hours), January 2011.
- Paul Austerlitz Quintet Concert, Philadelphia & NYC at The Stone. May 2011.
- Paul Austerlitz Quintet Concert featuring Jose Duluc, Philadelphia & NYC. December 2010.
- Therapeed Workshop for Teachers: Julia Harper, MS, OTR/L (16 hours), Dec 2010.
- VPK: Andre & Rumores, Bachata. Music Director: Pin Bencosme, November 2010.
- Concert - Andre & Rumores, Bachata on My Mind: Hostos Community College, October 2010
- Editing: On Becoming, (interdisciplinary art video: Sabrina Lastman & Sasha Bogdanowitsch). August 2010.
- Modern Dance, Galvanic Folklore. Choreographers: Cori Kresge and Korhan Basaran. March, 2010
- The Solemn Tridentine High Mass, Bronx, NY. March 2009
- Concert: KumbaCarey, SOB'S; NYC. March, 2009
- Bronx Conservatory Faculty Concert: June 2009
- Bronx Conservatory Student Concert: June 2009
- Bride March Against Domestic Violence. September 2009.
- Paul Austerlitz & Friends Summer Concert, NYC. April 2008.
- Bride March Against Domestic Violence, September 2008.
- Festival: Quisqueya en el Hudson Music Festival. August 2008.
- Concert: Sabrina Lastman Quartet, El Museo del Barrio, NYC. June 2008
- Concert: Sofia Tosello, El Museo del Barrio, NYC. June 2008.
- Music video: Boni Siempre Tocara: Composer: Rafael Fland. May 2008
- Bride March Against Domestic Violence, September 2007.
- Documentary: Fior Cruz, Her Life and the Dominican NYC Diaspora Identity (46 minutes) Jan. 2009
- Short Documentary: Remembering Berto Aybar & the Sarandunga Music of Bani (15 minutes). Nov.2008
- Documentary: Boni Raposo and the Criolla Music Movement in NYC, (55 minutes) March. 2008
- Mix and vocal tracks on: Raquel Z. Rivera: Las 7 Salves de La Magdalena
- Mix and recordings on: Enriquillo Tejada y Los Clarintetes Magicos
- Mix and recording: Quisqueya on the Hudson for the Smithsonian Folklore Institute
- Mix and recording: Boni Raposo’s Afro-Caribbean Chants and Drums,
- To download my recent audio mix, please paste into your browser the link below:
“A Ti te Pario una Mujer” https://files.me.com/willianaleman28/oltny3.mov
Classical music training. National Conservatory of Santo Domingo, D.R. 1976 - 1980.
9 years experience playing in The National Symphony Orchestras, bassoonist. 1980 -1989
Sound Engineer courses. New School, NYC, 1995
Apple Pro Training Series:
- Ripple Training. Final Cut Pro in Post Production - Series Five: Meeting Delivery: Christine Steele.
- Final Cut Pro in Post Production - Series Four: Media Management: Christine Steele.
- Color Correction in Final Cut Pro. Andrew Balis.
- Advanced Multicam Workflow: Steve Martin.
- The Secrets of Multicam Editing in Final Cut Pro: Steve Martin.
- The Art of Encoding Using Compressor 3: Brain Gary.
- Compressor 3 Quick-Reference Guide
- Larry Jordan, Final Cut Pro and Pro Video Applications
- Final Cut Pro: Power Skills: Larry Jordan.
- Final Cut Pro 7: Advanced Editing: Real-Time Editing and Effects
- Final Cut Pro 7: Professional Video Editing
- Final Cut Pro 6: Professional Editing in Final Cut Studio 2
- Optimizing Your Final Cut Pro System: A Technical Guide to Real-World Post-Production
- Advanced Editing Techniques in Final Cut Pro 5
- Advanced Color Correction & Effects in Final Cut Pro 5
- DVD Studio Pro 4: Authoring Professional DVD's
- Encyclopedia of Color Correction: Field Techniques Using FCP
- Advanced Color Correction and Effects in FCP5
- Final Cut Pro Workflow: The Independent Studio Handbook
Other Skills/Additional Information
Mac Platform. Final Cut Pro, Apple Compressor, Episode, Color Correction, DVD Studio Pro, Sonic Studio SoundBlade, WaveBurner, Logic Audio Studio Pro, ScreenFlow, Keynote, Toast Titanium, RX isotope, Microsoft, Power Point, Celtx, Graphic Converter.
Bilingual - Spanish